The terms ‘Boardio’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to the owner of this website, Abonnet Oy (Business ID: 2282624-1) whose registered office is at Kiiskitie 5 C 42, 02170 Espoo, Finland. The term ‘you’ refers to you as the user or viewer of our website.
- The contents of this website are for your general information and use only, and subject to change without notice.
- You may use the website only in compliance with these terms and conditions for your private use. Boardio grants you a limited license to access the website and use the service in accordance with these terms and conditions. Boardio reserves the rights to terminate your license to use the site and services at any time and for any reason.
- You must keep your accounts and passwords confidential and not authorize any third party to access or use the service.
- Neither we nor any user of this service provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be at your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or may be a criminal offenc
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with local laws that may be applicable to your conduct and acceptable content. Boardio reserves the right to terminate your account if we suspect illegal or unauthorized use of service.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other, third-party websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- In order to operate this service we need to send periodic emails to you. These emails cover mainly new opportunities that you might be interested in and are not marketing emails. By accepting these terms you also provide us with a consent for sending these emails. You can however unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
Limitation of Liability:
- THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. BOARDIO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE IS ERROR-FREE. BOARDIO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Finland, excluding its choice of law rules. All disputes relating to the service or these terms and conditions shall be settled in the first instance in the District Court of Helsinki.
- Boardio may occasionally update these terms. When we do so, we will also revise the ”last update” date and, in case of material update, attempt to notify Users also by email. In case you continue using the service after the changes have been made, you shall be deemed to have accepted the changed terms. It is your responsibility to regularly check this page to review any changes that may have been made to these terms.
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of Boardio users.
- This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of Boardio users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to Abonnet Oy. For more information about us, see Section 13
- (a) the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- (b) the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- (c) the legal bases of the processing.
- We may process data about your use of our website and services ("usage data"). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
- We may process your account data ("account data"). The account data includes your name and email address. The source of the account data is you. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business
- We may process your information included in your personal profile on our website ("profile data"). The profile data may include your name, email address, profile picture, gender, location, language skills, industry, gender, date of birth, your reasons for using Boardio, your top advisory work related skills, courses, diplomas and memberships you have. The profile data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process [information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications ("notification data"). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the important product updates in average once per month. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or to any other Boardio user via Boardio ("correspondence data"). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
- In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 3, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Please do not supply any other person's personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
- We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services provider Stripe. We will share transaction data with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers' privacy policies and practices at https://stripe.com/guides/general-data-protection-regulation . The credit card details are stored by our payment services provider only and will not be transferred to any other system.
- In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 4, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- In this Section 5, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Mailchimp is situated in the US. Transfers to the US will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
- This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
- In this Section 8, we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- (a) the right to access;
- (b) the right to rectification;
- (c) the right to erasure;
- (d) the right to restrict processing;
- (e) the right to object to processing;
- (f) the right to data portability;
- (g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- (h) the right to withdraw consent.
- You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee. You can access your personal data by visiting https://www.boardio.com/profile/edit when logged into our website.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us via email to [email protected]
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Session and preferences - laravel_session session_payload
- Linkedin authentication:
- cookie consent - cookieconsent_dismissed
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- This site will not work without cookies.
- This website is owned and operated by Abonnet Oy.
- We are registered in Finland (Business ID: 2282624-1) and our registered office is at Kiiskitie 5 C 42, 02170 Espoo.
- You can contact us by email info at boardio.com
- Our data protection officer is Tuomo Virkkunen.