NED - Commercial and Business Development for high growth, disruptive technology companies
Over the last 15 years Mark has a strong record of success - based on his real life experience as a ‘practitioner’ –- working with founders, CEOs, SLTs and investors (Angel, VC and PE) in ‘early stage’ and ‘scale up’ high growth SaaS technology companies. 7 years non exec experience in multimillion turnover organizations
Key skills and experience:
- understands challenges of optimizing day to day ‘go to market’ (inbound marketing focus and sales process, pricing, contracting, collateral development etc.) and revenue generation whilst, at the same time, planning and building the foundations for sustainable scale up in the UK and Internationally
- broad experience in managed services and SaaS covering; analytics, eCommerce, Social Media, Cyber Security, Mobile Customer Service, Risk Management, Big Data Analytics and other areas
- has led enterprise solutions and mid-tier sales to FS, Retail, Technology, Government and Legal sectors
- strong go to market planning and strategy development experience – coupled with hands on sales execution
- built joined up inbound marketing, sales and operational execution
- sales process development, training and coaching – The Challenger Sale, Solutions Selling, TAS etc.
- team building and development – hiring and on boarding top talent
- international development; EMEA, US, ZA
Set up 30%+ year-on-year revenue growth for three to five years through the renewal of key customer contracts.
Provided foundation for major valuation and exit for founders. Set up largest deal in company’s history.
Rebuilt failing team. Introduced two new key products to market (big data analytics and OMS acquisition) - exceeded first year sales targets. Built team in France and doubled customer numbers.
Led US multi-national Global Accounts Team in EMEA from £10m to £100m in four years.
Led planning and execution for 100% year on year growth in UK, US, ZA and SG. Hired and on boarded 5 new sales heads in the UK and US. 100% of YTD target at half year.
Supported major deals; 3 years @ £300k - £500k PA. Helped close and negotiated contract with major law firm within weeks of arriving. Built enterprise (>£1.5m PA x 3 years) offer, go to market and pipeline.
Established and sustained key SI/Design partner relationships and led sales pipeline development.
Secured the single largest deal in the history of organisation within three months of joining the company.
Utilised diplomatic leadership skills as a foundation for the efficient management of various deals ranging from £10k to £300k. Harnessed astute analytical capabilities for the development of exit strategies for the founders.
Designed and implemented global sales methodology and CRM roll out for EMEA and N America region, comprehensively met and exceeded all KPIs, crafted and rolled-out compensation plan, administered key accounts, and accomplished significant renewals
Defined operational requirements and built a cross-functional marketing and sales team while developing end-to-end waterfall metrics for lead generation, inside sales and sales.
Recruited a cross-functional team, defined critical processes and metrics, and doubled revenue in six-month period with 50% QonQ growth.